About AgTerra Technologies
Since 2003, AgTerra Technologies has been a leading provider of innovative software solutions for the agriculture, forestry, and natural resource industries and their field workers. We are committed and passionate about helping our clients improve their operations using advanced technology and web and mobile software solutions. Our company is seeking a skilled and experienced Software Developer to join our professional and friendly team at our home office in Sheridan, WY.
Location: Sheridan, WY
Job Type: Full-time, with flex-time options
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation, and 401k
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders to gather and analyze requirements for software development projects.
- Create technical specifications and design documents based on project requirements.
- Develop high-quality, well-documented, and efficient code that meets project specifications and adheres to industry best practices.
- Test, debug, and troubleshoot software applications to ensure proper functionality and performance.
- Collaborate with teams to identify, prioritize, and resolve software defects.
- Provide technical support and guidance to end-users and other stakeholders as needed.
- Continuously research and learn new technologies, frameworks, and best practices to stay current with industry trends and improve development skills.
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to fellow developers.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of software development processes and practices within an Agile team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Development, Software Engineering, Computer Science, a related field, or commensurate experience.
- Proven experience with mobile programming languages for both Android and iOS platforms (such as Java, Kotlin and Swift).
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies and best practices, including Agile and Scrum.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and communication skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Self-motivated and able to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Experience with version control systems, such as Git.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) processes is a plus.
- Familiarity with other languages and frameworks such as Python, React, Vue, and Xamarin is not required, but a plus.
- Familiarity with GIS software and systems is not required, but a plus.
- Eligibility to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Candidates must pass a background check. AgTerra is a drug free workplace.
AgTerra Technologies is nestled at the foot of the Big Horn Mountains in beautiful Sheridan Wyoming. An ideal place for those who enjoy the outdoors and not traffic jams. We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package that includes 100% premium coverage of major medical; vision and dental insurance coverage; a 401k; and we match contributions to your health savings account. We also provide flexible working hours and a supportive, collaborative work environment; you will work in an office and not a cubicle. If you are an experienced Software Developer who is a self-starter and can work to meet deadlines both individually and as part of a larger team in an Agile environment, we invite you to apply today.
If this job sounds like the workplace and challenge you’ve been looking for, let’s talk. To apply, send your resume to: email@example.com